Minimum Wager Obligations is the maximum potential amount a WA Bookmaker may be required to pay a punter from a successful wager at the time of accepting it at odds offered at the time of the wager(bet).
- a punter may place a bet(wager) for an amount up to this maximum loss amount automatically.
- a Bookmaker has the option of taking a bet for more than the maximum loss amount at their option if a punter asks.
On Course Cash Betting
Any Perth Metropolitan Thoroughbred Race meeting Main Ring $1500.
Any Gloucester Park Harness Race meeting $500.
Any Perth Metropolitan Thoroughbred Race meeting Silver Ring or non Main Ring $500.
Any Provincial Thoroughbred Regional Race meeting $1000.
Any other Race meeting $500
Telephone and Internet Betting
Any Race meeting $50.
Any Race meeting Nil.
A Bookmaker is not required to accept credit bets.
Minimum Bet is the minimum amount that can be placed as a wager (bet) by a punter at the odds offered.
Minimum bet at Any Race meeting AUD $2.
Conditions and Notes:
- These amounts only apply to Bookmaker members of WABA.
- The conditions only apply when the Bookmaker has a permit administered via WABA as authorised by the Race Track.
- Perth Metropolitan Thoroughbred Race means Ascot Racecourse and Belmont Park Racecourse.
- Provincial Thoroughbred Regional Race means a racecourse at Bunbury, Northan, Pinjarra and York.
- These amounts apply to a single runner in a single race.
- In accordance with Betting Control Act 1954 and Betting Control Regulations 1978.
last updated April 2016